Our History

In 1954 Bob Koetter Sr. and his wife Gladys started a small business framing houses. At that time, it was called "Bob Koetter Construction". In addition to framing houses, on nights and weekends Bob and Gladys worked their family farm in Floyds Knobs, Indiana all while raising their 5 boys.   

In 1971 a developer from New Albany, Indiana that Bob had been building houses for could not make his payments. Instead Bob was offered a truck, trailer, forklift, welder and a metal building franchise...and Koetter Construction started transforming into a Commercial and Industrial Contractor.

Now a second-generation family business, The Koetter Group is owned by all 5 of Bob & Gladys' sons, Phil, Jack, Kenny, Bob Jr. and Wayne. With their leadership along with six third-generation employees, as well as many other dedicated employees, we still have ingrained in us the same honesty and integrity Bob & Gladys started with in 1954 and carried throughout their lifetime. What began in a little white two-bedroom house on Pete Andres Road over 60 years ago, has grown through several renovations and office additions into what The Koetter Group has become today, still in the same location. 

Built on tradition and specializing in Construction, Real Estate and Building Services, The Koetter Group has grown into one of the largest full service, design-build general contractors and commercial developers of Southern Indiana and the Greater Louisville Kentucky area. We have completed projects in manufacturing, industrial, educational, retail, religious, healthcare, offices, recreational, as well as hospitality and entertainment markets. Our highly talented and experienced employees truly make the difference. From start to finish we are dedicated to quality construction and focused on customer satisfaction.